At the deepest level of consciousness in this universe is the body of Bliss, the Anandamaya Kosha. This is the body that we all share. This is the entire universe. You are this body of Bliss at your core.
This graphic illustrates the 5 bodies or Koshas that every human being has:
- anamaya kosha: the body of ana or food - the physical body of skin, bones, tissues, etc.
- pranamaya kosha: the body of prana or energy. Prana is that subtle non-physical substance which is responsible for all transmutation of physical matter. We should understand prana as that which causes chemical reaction, and chemical reaction is the process, which transmutes one physical substance into another. The pranamaya kosha of one person is different from the pranamaya kosha of another like one whirlpool in the river is different from another. Both whirlpools are made of the same water, but if we study the two different whirlpools we will see differences between them. Like this, my pranamaya kosha and your pranamaya kosha are made of the same prana but they are different.
- manomaya kosha: the body of manas or mind. Manas is the cause of all movement in prana. When manas is still, prana is still. When manas is active, prana is active.
- vijñanamaya kosha: the body of vijñana or intellect. Vijñana is the seat of the knowledge of the parts or components of what makes an individual unique.
- anandamaya kosha: the body of ananda or bliss. There is only one anandamaya kosha in the realm of Lord Brahma, which is shared by all, in a state of relative Unity.
The entire universe is within you and you are the entire universe. As you transcend all the subtle bodies to reach Anandamaya Kosha, you will discover the entire universe is within the heart. Through the Ananda Technique, we will discover this direct access to the experience of the Anandamaya Kosha. You will directly experience the Bliss that is your True Self.
The practice of meditation has the experience of Anandamaya Kosha as it ultimate goal. This can take many years of practice to experience. From the blessings of Maharishi and Patanjali we have received a short-cut. There is a way to drill down to touch and experience Anandamaya Kosha and in the process speed up the process of the ultimate unfoldment of unbounded awareness in Moksha. This is the Ananda Technique. A special sutra from Maharishi that resonates so deeply with Anandamaya Kosha that we can quickly transcend beyond the anamaya kosha, beyond the pranamaya kosha, beyond the manomaya kosha and beyond the vijñanamaya kosha. The experience is pure Bliss and we experience this Bliss all around the body and permeating the body as well.
Maharishi provided the sutra and Patanjali provided the technique of Samyama. Taken together, the fulfillment of the sutra is the actual experience of Anandamaya Kosha.
Samyama is the techniqe that Lord Brahma used to create our universe, over 150 trillion years ago. He performed Samyama on the entire Rig Ved, a total of 432,000 syllables, from which the entire universe arose out of the field of maya. Maya means magic or illusion so we understand that our universe is like a dream in the mind of Lord Brahma and we are dream creatures in this magnificent dream. Because the Anandamaya Kosha, which is the entire universe, arose from Samyama, we can use this technique to discover it in our own awareness. Samyama is rather complex to describe but very simple in practice. Anyone who can meditate can practice Samyama and achieve results. The ultimate result of Samyama on a sutra may not be immediately experienced, but as we practice Samyama, the path is cleared so that eventually we will have the experience.
With the Ananda Technique, the experience is Divine Love, pure Unconditional Love and Acceptance, on a very personal level. When we can experience this within our own heart, all knots of self-doubt, sadness, unhappiness, fear, depression and other negative emotions are dissolved in the Bliss of Divine Love. If we want to love everyone as we love ourself and accept everyone without judgement, and experience our unity with everyone and everything, the true meaning of "Namaste," then we must first totally love ourself and accept ourself without reservation. The Ananda Technique will accomplish that for you.
We invite you to experiene the Bliss of Divine Love that is within you.